tom hyder March 8, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

You can add images inline in JIRA comments using wiki markup. Just attach the image to the issue, and write !ImageFilename.png! in your comment.

Bruce Reed January 10, 2017

Such an unfriendly mechanism. Why won't JIRA enter the 21st century and permit embedded images like most leading edge bug tracking/help desk apps?

Like # people like this
Aaron Hope August 31, 2017

I agree with @Bruce Reed: this feels awkward. We are looking into using Jira Core for tracking work in the field. I want to be able to tell people to use the nice mobile app to document progress, but the disconnect between the text log (comments) and photo log (file attachments) will cause confusion. It just doesn't fit people's expectations.

Kevin Rhodes May 22, 2019

Also agree with the above... and also, why is it possible to paste directly into the Description but not the comments?

Like # people like this
Bill Bohn March 3, 2020

This is interesting.  We are planning to do a new install and migration but if the newer versions of Jira still feel like 5 years ago I'll have to at least shop around to see other options.  Images speed up troubleshooting and communication too much to be cumbersome

0 votes
tom hyder March 8, 2016

doesn't see to work, is wiki markup an add-on? can I do it with any file type (e.g.pdf)?

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

You may need to enable wiki-markup. Explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-renderers-185729478.html

Here is the reference sheet for formatting, including what file types are support for inline attachments: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all 

tom hyder March 10, 2016

thanks! that did the trick. I did not have wiki rendering enabled on comments in my various filed configs

Suggest an answer