increase width of project and issue type box

Neeta Dubey January 5, 2014

Is there a way i can increase width of project and issue type box? I am attaching the screen shot.please do let me know if you need further info.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2014

Thanks this helps in increasing the widht of project...how to increase width of issue type.

HI ram,

i made some in the announcemnt banner now i couldnt see the dash board or the create issue but...attching the screen could you please let me know how i can revert the settings?

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Did you tried in test instance or in production. For modifications every time need to take the backup. If you have the backup then backout the changes.

Please check the <script> tags ended properly or not in the announcement banner.

Neeta Dubey January 6, 2014

i tired this in testing enviroment. The page itself is not opening so i cant do much changes. i alslo followed the steps in this doc but that is also not working.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+pages+go+hidden+and+unusable+via+Announcement+Banner

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

no there is no attachment here, attach a screen shot to answer intead of comment it may work!!

attaching screen shot

attaching screen shot

for some reason attachment is not getting attached however...the page looks same as the snap shot in this doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+pages+go+hidden+and+unusable+via+Announcement+Banner

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

did you seen my comment on my answer?

you need to check error log by opening javascript console on chrome or firebug console on firefox

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

@Neeta: Please check the all tags ended properly or not.

For Ex: <script> shoul end with </script>

0 votes
Harish Tuccapuram June 6, 2018

Hi 

The script doesn't work for me, when i have tried adding the above mentioned script in Jira Server 7.9.2 version it doesn't work for some how.

Can someone help me out how to fix this?

Capture.PNG

Radek Janata June 8, 2018

Add the following into the Announcement Banner:

<style>
#project-single-select, #project-field {
max-width: 500px !important; }
</style>
Like # people like this
Harish Tuccapuram June 8, 2018

Thanks @Radek Janata!

0 votes

This is resolved. i need to restart the appliation after making the changes.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2014

to increse the project field width check this Q

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/237452/jira-6-increase-display-width-of-field-project-during-issue-creation

final script will be as follows

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;  
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {             
                callFunction();
            });
            callFunction();

function callFunction(){
				//for project field
				$('#project-single-select').css('max-width','500px');
                $('#project-single-select').css('width','500px');
                $('#project-field').css('max-width','500px');
                $('#project-field').css('width','500px');
				//for issuetype field
                $('#issuetype-single-select').css('max-width','500px');
                $('#issuetype-single-select').css('width','500px');
                $('#issuetype-field').css('max-width','500px');
                $('#issuetype-field').css('width','500px');
}

});
&lt;/script&gt;

load it as webresource module in a plugin (add it on announcement banner to test)

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2014

@Neeta, i did't find any screenshot!!

can you check what is the error message showing in javascript console on chrome or firebug console on firefox

Pawel Bojkowski October 21, 2016

The result here in our cloud version is this...but why?

image2016-10-21 15:36:36.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2016

Because Cloud blocks customisations like that (Server is increasingly doing it too)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2014

You'll need to amend the code that generates the html for the width of the boxes. Possibly in more than one place for those fields.

Suggest an answer