increase dvcs scheduler time on-demand

Marc Kurtz September 10, 2014

Is it possible to increase the rate at which the JIRA dvcs scheduler runs in our on-demand instance. Waiting 60 minutes for a ticket to be updated is too long (why can't it happen immediately as a trigger?). I found this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/DVCS+smart+commits+do+not+work but I don't see the setting they are talking about.

1 answer

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2014

Hi Marc,

This documentation will apply only to JIRA standalone due to the Advanced Settings feature is restricted function.

Even with the default value it should update faster if the DVCS ir properly configured.

Could you please let me know which product are you connecting to? (Bitbucket, GitHub or GitHub Enterprise)

I would recommend you to try to recreate the DVCS connection to your product and also check if there are more than one user with the same email address that will be used to create the issue.

To better explain, let me exemplify in the following situation:

In the User Management there are the following users:

Username: UserA
Email Address: test@company.com
Username: UserB
Email Address: test@company.com

For DVCS both users can be used to create issue as ‘test@company.com’, however if only one has permission to create the issue, JIRA will not precise which user you want to use because both have the same email address, it can cause slowness (by trying multiple times) or even to avoid the issue to be created due to user’s permission.

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Marc Kurtz September 26, 2014

Henrique, I am using an on-demand (not standalone) instance of Jira and I am connecting to Bitbucket. I have no duplicate e-mail addressed among my users. The smart commits do work but since it runs on a timer it can take up to 60 minutes. All I want to do is increase the frequency that the smart commits are processed because 60 minutes is way too long.

Suggest an answer