incomplete user stories not rolling over to next sprint even when next sprint planned

Pratik Jagad January 12, 2016

We are having a problem where completing the sprint in JIRA 7.0.4 is not moving incomplete tasks and sub tasks into the next sprint. We verified that the next sprint is planned on the board. On closing the active sprint, it gives a dialog saying the incomplete items will go to the backlog. Is there some sort of configuration to move to sprint instead of backlog? My understanding was moving to next planned sprint was default behavior. 

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

There are some conditions that should be met in order for the unfinished Stories to be moved over to the next Sprint. Have a read at the link below and tell us if it helps you.

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-sprints/ending-a-sprint).

paulofurtado May 14, 2018

I am having the same issue.  But I can’t figure out what’s missing to see the Dropdown field in order to decide wheter the uncomplete issues are going to Backlog or To the next Sprint.

Suggest an answer