incoming zendesk emails marked as 'auto reply' emails and not processed by servicedesk

Jae Wook Kim June 6, 2017

Hello all,

Quick question setting up 'request through email' for Cloud service desk product

I remember reading old tickets about rejecting auto-reply emails and modifying filter options would do for Server edition. However we are on cloud edition of Service Jira (including Service Desk) and it seems like we can't change the filters to take emails from zendesk. 

We currently use zendesk for client facing ticketing system, and internal IT would looking to migrate from fogbugz to Jira service desk. 

What are some things I can try to bypass 'auto-reply' filter in cloud service desk? 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Jae,

There is a current bug at JSDSERVER-1924 that relates to this issue.  Per the bug ticket you need to disable certain modules, however, in Cloud that is not currently possible as these modules can't be modified.

At this time I would suggest voting on JSDSERVER-1924 to add impact.  Switching to an on-premise instance may not be ideal in your situation, however, you can disable those modules in the Server version. 

As an alternate option you can reach out to the Cloud support team via a Support ticket and they can most likely disable those modules for you but they will probably become re-enabled once an update occurs.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer