We use Jira Service Desk. It is integrated with our standard Jira project. When a ticket is entered into Jira Service Desk, after review, some magic happens and it ends up as a new ticket in our Jira project (I know nothing about that integration).
We'd like to include the Jira Service Desk Reporter in the Jira ticket. I don't think it can be the Reporter, since that field automatically gets filled in by whomever reviews the ticket. But it could be added to the Description, as a Comment, a custom field, etc.
I just have no idea where to map Service Desk fields to Jira fields.
ok. Figured it out. It was a type problem.
So, I created a new field called Originator that's the same type as the Reporter field. Now, I just copy the value of Reporter into Originator as part of the post-function when the ticket is created. All works.
I have access to the Service Desk, so here's the workflow attached (and thus the "magic").
I can see here that there are specific fields that are added to the LC project ticket. I'd like to include the Reporter...but I don't want it to map directly to the Reporter field in the LC project (because that's also important for us to know...basically it's the individual who did the initial investigation to determine a ticket in the LC project should be created).
here's my attempt to add the Reporter field as a Comment, but admittedly that's a fairly complicated section to get right (I have not tested it yet).
Ideally I think it would be easier to see if the Reporter was in the Description. I'll need to do some more investigation to see if that's possible.
FYI: After some testing I figured out what's above is not working. It actually worked the opposite of what I was hoping, so it was putting the Reporter as a comment in the original Service Desk ticket...not the newly created ticket. That does me no good.
So I am continuing to investigate.
I thought I found a solution, but could use some more feedback.
In the post-function I now copy the Reporter field (from Service Desk) to the Customer field (in my Jira project). Sounds straightforward and solves my problem.
But...this is what gets filled into the Customer field, which does nothing to provide with information on who the original Reporter was (from Service Desk). It's even a hyperlink that, when clicked, runs a query that shows the same bug (value??).
That account ID not useful information. I don't know what that is. It's clearly not a name.
Here is the post-function step.
I'll continue talking to myself as I work through this. Seems the Customer field is defined as type Label, which accepts custom (new) fields added by the end-user if they don't want to select from the existing drop-down selections available. But, those new labels cannot have spaces, which is why I'm guessing it can't simply put in the Reporter name, i.e. John Doe.
My search for a solution continues.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events