in the default workflow in closed step the issue is not editable. still I am able to reopen the issue

Flavius Nopcea February 6, 2013

One I get with the issue in a closed step the workflow property says that the issue is not editable. that is ok but on the view issue page I can still see the reopen issue button.

why is this possible. the other transitions are not possible which is fine but I do not understand why reopen button is visible. reopening the issue changes the issue status and that is an edit in itself.

is it a bug??

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

It works as configured. There is a transition from "Closed" to "Reopened":

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

You could configure your own workflow without this transition. But in my eyes the possibility to reopen issues makes sense.

Maybe you want to add a condition to restrict this transition to developers or admins. (see link above)

Flavius Nopcea February 6, 2013

so to make sure the transitions from a step do not interfere with the jira.issue.editable = false property?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013

The property "do not edit issue in this step" is totally independent of the transitions. Think of them separately. The property JUST stops people using the EDIT function. Transitions have nothing to do with it.

Suggest an answer