in jira cloud, issues show as unresolved

Stefanie Sullivan October 1, 2019

My work items have a status of 'Done' but still have a resolution of unresolved. Where do you change this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2019

Hi Stefanie and Welcome,

You need to modify the workflow behind this issue type, you have two options here:

1.- Add a transition screen (or edit the existing one if any) and add the Resolution System Field to it

By doing this, users should select a resolution value before to change the issue to the Done status

2.- Configure a postfuncion (Update Issue Field) to automatically set the Resolution value to done when the issue reaches the Done status.

See the bottom of this page for further details.

Does it solve your problem?
Regards

interesting. I am using the cloud version. What are the benefits of option 1?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2019

Proposal #1 Let you to select different resolution depending on the scenario.

e,g.:

You can mark an issue as Done and their resolution as Done
You can mark an issue as Done and their resolution as Duplicate
You can mark an issue as Done and their resolution as Not Reproducible

Then you can create some reports or dashboards to split your Done/Finished issues and deeper see how the team flows.

Regards

got it - thanks! 

Marketplace Partner
October 1, 2019

You are welcome :)

Did my answer solve your problem?

If so, consider to mark the proposed solution as an 'Accepted answer'. This will help other people with the same or a quite similar problem to find a solution in a easy and faster way.

In addition, by doing this the post will automatically gain the "Solved:" prefix in search results to indicate other people that no further support is needed.

Kind Regards.

Hi Jack - sorry. I actually took a look at the workflow and it looks as though this is how it is set up OOTB. What am I missing?

0 votes

@Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_  Sorry - spoke too soon. I took a look at the OOTB workflow and it appears to be setup correctly. What am I missing?

Capture-jira-wf.PNG

Marketplace Partner
October 1, 2019

Could you confirm that this is the workflow your issue is using and if it is a draft or is already published?

You configuration seems OK to me.

Regards

@Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_  when I view the original workflow that is what I see. I will edit, click publish and see what happens. will this update existing jiras?

Marketplace Partner
October 1, 2019

By publishing your workflow, you will change (if it was a draft) the behaviour of existing issues when transition from one status to another.

Any data ( I mean, data stored on fields) won't be modified. Note that unresolved issues will still unresolved after that but new issues will get automatically resolved after transition to the Done status, supposing all works correctly.

For old unresolved issues, I suggest you to bulk transition to the Done status again, after checking that this transition automatically resolves the issue.

Regards

Suggest an answer