It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

in Jira Cloud, the default dashboard does not show after selecting the project

I tried a few options already, like appointing two dashboards to the project, but not even the default dashboard shows.

The 'Board' shows in all scenario's I tested.

I use Chrome to access Jira Cloud.

Thanks for any tips. Edgar

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Sep 25, 2019

can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing/not seeing?

here you go. Jack.

Jack Community Leader Sep 25, 2019

But isn’t that image showing the default board? At least that is what I call it. What do you mean by default board? 

You may already be aware but let me state the following just in case it is helpful...

1. you are in a business project as such the default board (shown) is what comes with that project type
  2. you can create a Kanban board for the project but you must set the Location as your profile. Then you can use the “add item” to add a link to the sidebar. 

Hi Jack, I might be lost somehow then. 

My experience and the Jira Documentation, refer to a 'dashboard' as something that can be set to personal, be shared with others, etc. Apparently, a 'board' is something else.

I would like to see the personal or the default 'dashboard' shows up as first screen after having selected the project, or - if the user is only involved in one project - directly upon login.

Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Edgar

Jack Community Leader Sep 26, 2019

First some terminology: Dashboards are independent views that leverage various gadgets to provide overview of various projects, issues, etc. while Board’s (Kanban, Scrum)

In business projects you only get the Default (non-configurable) board. This is what you are seeing in your current project view. As I mention above you can create a Kanban board, assign to your profile then add a link on you project’s sidebar. You cannot replace the default with your custom/full featured Kanban unfortunately.

Here you go, Jack. This is shown after a new login, as a simple user.

Knipsel.JPG

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

344 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you