in JIRA OnDemand / Cloud, how do I create a read-only custom field that _I_ populate and limit to particular issue type?

Angie Canon October 10, 2014

I know how to create custom fields. I know how to limit to issue types. However, I do not see a "read only" field that I can populate that would display directions for the user creating the ticket. For example, I'd like to say "Remember to attach a screenshot of the error message," or something similar.

How do I do this?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2014

Have a look for the "message" fields in the JIRA Toolkit addon.

Angie Canon October 10, 2014

Thanks for the tip, Nic. I looked and the description says the field is displayed on either an Edit screen or a View screen, depending on the Message Custom Field you select.

I really need "Message Custom Field (for create)" to communicate instructions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2014

Ah, in this case, the docs are talking about the internals of Jira. Fields on a "view" screen are rendered using one template, and fields on an "edit" screen use another. An "edit" screen is any one where the users enter data - so in Jira UI terms, "edit" translates into "Create screen, Edit screen and any transition screen"

Suggest an answer