importing timesheets

Serge Kaunov March 25, 2014

Is there a way to import timesheets from external source? E.g.I track on the go with Android usingTimeMeter which export records to a CSV-file. How to import this file to Tempo?

2 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Hi,

Tempo does not offer this feature, but you can use the JIRA importers plugin to import data using a csv file (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+CSV)

Tempo uses the same Database tables for the worklogs as JIRA, so all worklogs imported by the csv file will also be available in Tempo. If you have worklog attributes configured in Tempo, they will be missing in the imported worklogs and have to be edited manually.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Serge Kaunov June 29, 2014

I'm considering it, but we don't have enough demand on this yet.

Nicholas Hilton October 30, 2018

This is not true. I was able to import a ticket that had worklogs attached to it but tempo is completely ignoring it. I was told by support that Tempo cannot import the data to reporting and that it was a Jira issue. 

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

I would think that the only way to do this would be to create a REST call to update the JIRA issues based on content from the CSV file.

Serge Kaunov March 26, 2014

I just want to be sure Tempo guys didn't make it already for us.

Suggest an answer