importing existing jira project from ondemand

Tengiz Alpenidze January 29, 2014

I'm trying to Import Existing Data from jira onDemand like instruqtions say. I've just installed jira on my host and choosed "Import Existing Data". Than specified the zip file and after pressing "import" it tryes to start importing but after a few sacends goes back and under the licence key textarea writes "Invalid license key specified." (the textarea is empty, I'm not givind any new licence). what could cause this? and should I ask my admin to give me some licence key?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2014

The import file doesn't contain a valid licence (the licence is for OnDemand only), so whne you're creating your new system from the backup, you'll need a new licence for your system.

By the way, you mention "import existing Jira project", but you appear to be using the whole system import - which one are you trying to do?

thanks for your answer Nic. you're right It's my mistake. I was trying to import whole system not just one project. I generated new licence key

0 votes

thanks for your answer Nic. you're right It's my mistake. I was trying to import whole system not just one project. I generated new licence key

Suggest an answer