imported test cases do not show in jira trial version

Sangeetha Palani June 22, 2015

I'm using JIRA trial version and I've imported test cases using the import utility. The tool says the import was successful, but the test cases are not showing in JIRA.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2015

When you say you've imported them, you need to expand on what you've done - JIRA is an issue tracker, not a test case manager, so we need you to explain that you've either used a test-case addon (which one?) or that you're seeing JIRA issues as test-cases.

That will lead on to needing a brief explanation of which "import utility" you have used, and what you're expecting to see.  And what "are not showing in JIRA" needs expanding - can you find them if you search?  Do you know their JIRA ids and can go to them in the UI?  Not there at all?  Were there warnings during import?

Sangeetha Palani June 22, 2015

Yes, I've used a test-case add on - Zephyr for JIRA

Importer utility was provided in the Zephyr documentation. I downloaded the utility and imported test cases and the got a confirmation that my imports were successful. 

However, when search in Tests module, I don't find any test case being imported. 

There were no ids provided during or after the import process and no warnings were received.

Below is the message from Zephyr Testcase Imported: 

Mon Jun 22 13:11:44 EDT 2015 file:///Users/sangeetha/Downloads/Release 4.1 Test Cases_xls.xls normalization success..!
Mon Jun 22 13:11:44 EDT 2015 Release 4.1 Test Cases_xls.xls imported successfully..!

Let me know what other info is needed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2015

Ok, good, which importer documentation did you follow, and what did you expect it to do?

Sangeetha Palani June 24, 2015

I was following import documentation found here
https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZFJCLOUD/Import

Later found documentation specific to importer, which gave all the details I needed.
https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZFJCLOUD/Import

Using the documentation, I've successfully imported the test cases!

Suggest an answer