import projects

Hanae alahcen May 20, 2013

is there a way to import projects into JIRA without creating them manually

i have actually 430 advertiser that i want to create into JIRA as a project !

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Hanae, Script Runner plugin has a copy project option that could be very interesting in this case.

In that case you could create a standard one and then copy to new ones.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Copy project
This tool will create a new project, from the configuration of another project.
This includes: Schemes, Role memberships, Custom field configurations, and optionally, issues, versions and components.

Hanae alahcen May 20, 2013

Hello Ramiro ,

can i please know how to ? where to find the response in the user guide ?!

thanks ,

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

The 'Copy Project' expression is a link to the guide on how to do that. As far as I know you have to create one project and then go to Administer Section, Plugins, Script Runner, Built-In Scripts. Then select the Copy project option and there it will be very intuitive.

Hanae alahcen May 21, 2013

Hello Ramiro

is there a way to duplicate a project without using the plug in ?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

I'm sure there will be others plugins to do this but sadly Jira doesn't have this on the core.

Hanae alahcen May 22, 2013

thanks a lot ramiro

ok i have one other question for which i will create a new question

Suggest an answer