import projects into JIRA, they don't show up in "View All Projects"

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

This has to be something super simple . . .

Using an export and attachments from another JIRA instance, I've imported two projects into our dev JIRA instance. I can see both projects when I go into gg-projects (Admin view). However neither of them show up in the View All Projects. And if I search on a known issue item key "ABCD-22" I get no results.

Why can I not see the two newly imported projects?

Thanks,
Karla

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2014

Sorry. Forgot to update this ticket. It was a roles problem. My user didn't have the appropriate permissions.

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014

Hey there,

I would recommend you to try to check the 'Browse Projects' permission for these projects using the Admin Helper plugin. :)

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2014

Try re-indexing your JIRA to see if you are not able to see them. :)

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

I should have mentioned that I did try that. I also tried stopping and restarting jira. I'm thinking this has to be roles related. Testing that now . . . will keep this ticket posted. We have a deadline to import a number of projects from another organization before their JIRA is retired. This is not one of the problems I antcipated. :)

Suggest an answer