import data from online 6.1 to 6.0.5

José Luis Garcia July 29, 2013

Hi all,

Restoring a 6.1 backup fails with the following exception, this was working 96h ago.

/secure/admin/XmlRestore.jspa [ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator] Error getting entity definition from model

org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericModelException: Could not find definition for entity name PluginState

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.model.ModelReader.getModelEntity(ModelReader.java:299)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.getModelEntity(GenericDelegator.java:269)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.makeValue(GenericDelegator.java:427)

at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.makeValue(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:385)

at com.atlassian.jira.action.admin.OfbizImportHandler.startElement(OfbizImportHandler.java:205)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.parseXmlAndValidateBackupData(DefaultDataImportService.java:321)

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.doImport(DefaultDataImportService.java:249)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.DataImportAsyncCommand.call(DataImportAsyncCommand.java:66)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.DataImportAsyncCommand.call(DataImportAsyncCommand.java:29)

at com.atlassian.jira.task.ImportTaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(ImportTaskManagerImpl.java:146)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes
krishk August 6, 2013

Never mind - edited that XML file on a Windows server using Notepad++, and the error went away - had used cygwin and egrep earlier. Thanks.

0 votes
krishk August 6, 2013

Following the steps outlined above and also in the JIRA bug resolution, I get the following error:

Error importing from zip file: "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import\JIRA-backup-20130806.zip". Error: Unable to find JIRA backup (entities.xml) inside of zip file: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\import\JIRA-backup-20130806.zip

When I open up the zip file, I can see that the file entities.xml is present in the folder.

I will greatly appreciate any insights / thoughts / suggestions.

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2013

Hi there,

This seems to be caused by the bug tracked below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34099

Follow the steps on the bug ticket as a temporary workaround and hopefully it works for you :)

1. Extract the entities.xml from the backup's zip
  2. Open the entities.xml and remove all PluginState tags.
    • Alternatively on Linux/Unix based machine, run the following command in the same folder where the entities.xml is located:
      egrep -v "PluginState" entities.xml > entities-clean.xml

3. Perform the restore again
  4. Acknowledge the error of the index path and attachment path
  5. Restore Complete

Hope this helps and have a great day ahead.

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

I've followed the instructions here and in the JIRA issue but I am now seeing an error when attempting to run the import:

2013-08-08 10:17:10,316 StreamsCompletionService::thread-5854 WARN anonymous com.atlassian.streams.internal.ActivityProviderConnectionMonitorImpl:activityProviderMonitor [atlassian.streams.internal.AppLinksActivityProvider] Unable to retrieve filters from /rest/activity-stream/1.0/config?local=true
org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')
at [Source: org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream@5f748fcb; line: 1, column: 2]

Has any one run into this?

0 votes
José Luis Garcia July 29, 2013

The question is what *you* guys have changed. The locally-installed version did not change.

However from the ondemand version, it changed the 28th and broke the import process:

Target Version Target Build Number Time Performed
6.1-OD-04-1 6134 28/Jul/13 6:50 PM
6.1-OD-03 6132 14/Jul/13 6:49 PM

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2013

Er, we're not Atlassian, many of use don't know (or care) about the point releases in OnDemand, and I had to ask to clarify where *any* changes might have occurred, because we've no way of knowing.

Digging out the data change is really helpful, as it's pretty much proof that change in OnDemand are the problem.

You probably want to raise this as a support call with OnDemand.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2013

The question that springs to mind is that if it was working 96 hours ago, what have you changed since then?

I'm also pretty sure you can't downgrade Jira data, but I don't know about the exports from OnDemand.

Suggest an answer