import data from JIRA 6.0-OD-06 to JIRA 5.2 standalone

Alexandr Kozyura February 20, 2013

Hello dear Atlassians Support!

I try import data from JIRA 6.0-OD-06 backup to JIRA 5.2 standalone to to JIRA 5.2 standalone. Import stoped 20% and have error "You are attempting to import data from JIRA 6.0-OD-06 which is a more recent version than this version. Some features that you may have used before will not be available in this version of JIRA. Click here to acknowledge this error and proceed anyway." what method to import the difference in versions?

Sincerely,

Alexandr

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2013

Click yes. It'll still import, you'll just lose some feature that 6 has and 5 doesn't.

I can't Click yes. No button Yes. Return to error page.

Pease help.

Sincerely,

Alexandr

Dear Nic, Current jira instance installed escore.jira.com, I can obtain a license for the export of 5.2 standalone?

Sincerely,

Alexandr

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2013

You have not given it a valid licence key - that's what the red text is telling you

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

You'll need to get a different license for stand alone JIRA from your my.atlassian.com

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2013

Hi Alexandr,

You will need your evaluation license key from your My Atlassian account, as well as insure that you are doing the import during the installation process, and not after, as per these instructions.

Thanks,

-dave

Dear Deva!

I completed the installation of JIRA and plugin, and try import from backup

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2013

Hi Alexandr,

Have you already completed the installation of JIRA, or are you importing your data during the installation process?

Best,

-dave

Dear Deva!

i insert license key (JIRA (Unlimited Users): Evaluation )in the field License (if required) from https://my.atlassian.com/product and getting repeat error,

where the error of my actions?

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Dave
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2013

Hi Alexandr,

If you refer to the instructions I posted above, you can see that you have to do the import during the installation, not after. You will need to remove the existing installation and database and re-install, importing your data during the install process.

Thanks,

-dave

Thank you dear Dave!

I reinstall and import during process.

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Alexandr Kozyura February 21, 2013

Dear DaveI!

I remove existing installation jira 5.2.7 and database (mysql) run re-installation. Run the import data during the installation progress but import stop to 20% (atlassian-jira.log) and have screen error. screenshot attachments.

Please help complete import data from Jira Studio.

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Alexandr

error import

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2013

Once it has parsed the xml, it needs some time to import it.

Could you tell us roughly how big your data is (broadly - number of issues and if you've got a lot of custom fields, say over 50?), and how long the partial import is taking (e.g. it takes 10 minutes to get to 20% and then seems to stop)

Dear Nic!

Backup from Jira Studio zip file JIRA-backup-20130222.zip - 19Mb, internal entities.xml -29Mb, activeobjects.xml - 1.9 Mb, folder data - 29 Mb.

75 Users, time from start to error page 3 sec.

Sincerelly,

Alexandr (atlassian-jira.log)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2013

Ok. But I don't see any error page here. I can see the import, the log file, and a warning page asking you for information. There's no error page.

Thanks you Nic!

After button Import display screen progress import and return to import page.

After 5 attempt import start runing progress bar and Complete!!!!

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Suggest an answer