import data from JIRA 6.0-OD-06 to JIRA 5.2 standalone

Hello dear Atlassians Support!

I try import data from JIRA 6.0-OD-06 backup to JIRA 5.2 standalone to to JIRA 5.2 standalone. Import stoped 20% and have error "You are attempting to import data from JIRA 6.0-OD-06 which is a more recent version than this version. Some features that you may have used before will not be available in this version of JIRA. Click here to acknowledge this error and proceed anyway." what method to import the difference in versions?

Sincerely,

Alexandr

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Click yes. It'll still import, you'll just lose some feature that 6 has and 5 doesn't.

I can't Click yes. No button Yes. Return to error page.

Pease help.

Sincerely,

Alexandr

Dear Nic, Current jira instance installed escore.jira.com, I can obtain a license for the export of 5.2 standalone?

Sincerely,

Alexandr

You have not given it a valid licence key - that's what the red text is telling you

You'll need to get a different license for stand alone JIRA from your my.atlassian.com

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Alexandr,

You will need your evaluation license key from your My Atlassian account, as well as insure that you are doing the import during the installation process, and not after, as per these instructions.

Thanks,

-dave

Dear Deva!

I completed the installation of JIRA and plugin, and try import from backup

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Hi Alexandr,

Have you already completed the installation of JIRA, or are you importing your data during the installation process?

Best,

-dave

Dear Deva!

i insert license key (JIRA (Unlimited Users): Evaluation )in the field License (if required) from https://my.atlassian.com/product and getting repeat error,

where the error of my actions?

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Hi Alexandr,

If you refer to the instructions I posted above, you can see that you have to do the import during the installation, not after. You will need to remove the existing installation and database and re-install, importing your data during the install process.

Thanks,

-dave

Thank you dear Dave!

I reinstall and import during process.

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Dear DaveI!

I remove existing installation jira 5.2.7 and database (mysql) run re-installation. Run the import data during the installation progress but import stop to 20% (atlassian-jira.log) and have screen error. screenshot attachments.

Please help complete import data from Jira Studio.

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Alexandr

Once it has parsed the xml, it needs some time to import it.

Could you tell us roughly how big your data is (broadly - number of issues and if you've got a lot of custom fields, say over 50?), and how long the partial import is taking (e.g. it takes 10 minutes to get to 20% and then seems to stop)

Dear Nic!

Backup from Jira Studio zip file JIRA-backup-20130222.zip - 19Mb, internal entities.xml -29Mb, activeobjects.xml - 1.9 Mb, folder data - 29 Mb.

75 Users, time from start to error page 3 sec.

Sincerelly,

Alexandr (atlassian-jira.log)

Ok. But I don't see any error page here. I can see the import, the log file, and a warning page asking you for information. There's no error page.

Thanks you Nic!

After button Import display screen progress import and return to import page.

After 5 attempt import start runing progress bar and Complete!!!!

Sincerelly,

Alexandr

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

137 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you