import attachments from csv file

gonzalo zegarra August 25, 2015

Hi

Could you tell me an example of importing attachments from csv file?

i want to create massive issues and i need each issue has an attachment file.

thanks

4 answers

3 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

Hello Gonzalo,

As stated on the official documentation for CSV import:

Importing attachments

You can attach files to issues created from your CSV file. To do this, specify the URL of your attachment in an 'Attachments' column within your CSV file.

Assignee, Summary, Description, Attachment, Comment
Admin, "Issue demonstrating the CSV attachment import""Please check the attached image below.""https://jira-server:8080/secure/attachment/image-name.png""01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"
Admin, "CSV attachment import with timestamp,author and filename""Please check the attached image below.""01/01/2012 13:10;Admin;image.png;file://image-name.png""01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"

information URLs for attachments support the HTTP and HTTPS protocols and can be any location that your JIRA server must be able to access. You can also use the FILE protocol to access files in the import/attachments subdirectory of your JIRA Home Directory.

I hope it helps you! smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

gonzalo zegarra August 25, 2015

hi this is the url: D:\Perfiles\17550001\Desktop\desempe\file1.xls D:\Perfiles\17550001\Desktop\desempe\file2.xls (i have 100 files) how can i indicate that url in the csv file that i'm going to import? thanks

jawedshaikh March 6, 2019

Hi @Arthur Gonçalves ,

How to import multiple attachment for single issue.

Like Sean M likes this
1 vote
Sravan Kumar January 25, 2018

Hello All,

I am trying to bulk import with attachments, to start with I just tried and tested with 1 attachment, and it throwing me the error.

I placed the attachment in the imports folder and gave the location in the attachments column but its not taking it: I am giving the location correct? Please see the below Image and advice.

Thank You!!

Capture.PNG

1 vote
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2015

Gonzalo,

You should add the attachment files into $JIRA_HOME/import/attachments folder. After that, mention the file name on the CSV file to be imported without the entire folder path (refer example below):

Assignee, Summary, Description, Attachment, Comment
Admin, "Issue demonstrating the CSV attachment import", "Please check the attached image below.", "https://jira-server:8080/secure/attachment/image-name.png", "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"
Admin, "CSV attachment import with timestamp,author and filename", "Please check the attached image below.", "01/01/2012 13:10;Admin;image.png;file://image-name.png", "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"

That should do the trick!

Cheers

L.F

CMON.Consulting August 17, 2017

Hey!

I have not found much clarifications on the following:

If I am a common user on the system; how can I access a storage for attachments that can be accessed during CSV file import?

Lucianos reply is not sufficient to Gonzalez question unless he has access to the $JIRA_HOME file system

And I would think most users on corporate levels have no access to this...

So: how can you create a valid URL for csv file import of attachments without admin privileges?

Like Frédéric Esnault likes this
0 votes
Maurício Britto September 28, 2020

Hello

I have other error:

Cannot parse 'file://C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Application Data/JIRA/data/attachments/HS/10000/anexo.png' as attachment info: Illegal character in path at index 17: file://C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Application Data/JIRA/data/attachments/HS/10000/anexo.png

File Contents:

ID,TIPO,AREA_TI,CATEGORIA,SUBCATEGORIA,TERCEIRA_CATEGORIA,TIPO_CHAMADO,TITULO,STATUS,STATUS_MACRO,SOLICITANTE,RESPONSAVEL,PRIORIDADE,DATA_SOLICITACAO,DATA_ENCERRAMENTO,DESCRICAO,PENDENCIA,SOLUCAO,RFC,ANEXO
"66973","Solicitação de serviço","SUPORTE","Sistemas","IFS","Solicitação de Acesso","Suporte","GTAS","Encerrado","Fechado","Jonatas Araujo Lopes Silva","Marcio Roberto Vera","Normal","2020-09-01","2020-09-09","Não estou conseguindo acessar o programa em nenhum PC","","Boa tarde! Favor efetuar nova tentativa de acesso. Qualquer problema entrar em contato com o ramal 1142 ou 1116.","0","file://C:/Program Files/Atlassian/Application Data/JIRA/data/attachments/HS/10000/anexo.png"

Can you help me?

Best regards

Mauricio

Suggest an answer