import another bug tracker database into jira using CLI

Anand Kumar Singh July 24, 2013
Suppose we have 2 instance .one Jira Instance and another Bugzilla Instance.I want to Import Bugzilla database in Jira using CLI. Is it Possible..? if yes, then How can we do this..?

1 answer

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

you can import data from Bugzilla to jira using Import and export option which providing by jira, check the following doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla

i am not sure why you want to import it through CLI, is there any specific reason?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2013

I think this is the same as we had the other day, where the questioner keeps banging on about groovy and the CLI without bothering to tell us why or answer our questions (Which we need answers to before we can really help)

This is a huge improvement, we now know what the end goal is.

Still have no idea why there's any insistence on using the CLI. It's an excellent tool for a lot of imports, but there's a good chance they can use the standard importer.

Siddheshwar Mhetre July 25, 2013

I have to explore the features of CLI Plugin. Thats why I want to do this things by CLI Plugin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2013

I'm really sorry, but that's a circular answer. If you want to learn about the CLI, then why do it for something for which there's a good chance you will never use it for?

More to the point, if you want to learn something, then asking for examples from other people isn't going to help you learn anything. You should read the documentation and then try it for yourself. An example won't teach you anything other than how to copy and paste.

Suggest an answer