• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • im currently hold 3 user agent then i want to upgrade to 5 user tier agent. So once i acquire the license i will just apply it and it will be 8 user tier on my service helpdesk ? am i correct?

im currently hold 3 user agent then i want to upgrade to 5 user tier agent. So once i acquire the license i will just apply it and it will be 8 user tier on my service helpdesk ? am i correct?

WPH November 2, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2016

No.  The licences are done in tiers, they do not accumulate.  A tier represents the highest number of people you can give access to.

You have a 3 tier licence at the moment, so you can have 1, 2 or 3 agents.  The next tier is 5, which would let you have up to 5 agents.  If you want to have 8 agents, then you need to go to the next tier of 10 agents.  (When you upgrade, your existing 1-3 licence will be taken into account in terms of cost, but it is replaced by the 5 or 10 tier, not added to)

Suggest an answer