iframe inside AUI Dialog2

Arturas Rimkus June 18, 2016

Is it possible to place an iframe inside the content area of AUI Dialog2? I cannot get it to work.

Alternatively, is it possible to open a new window from link in AUI Dropdown.

I need either of the options so I can display content to the user without navigating away from their JIRA instance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2016

Rendering iframe inside a Dialog 2 is possible - but to work correctly the embedded site should not have an X-Frame header or should allow to be displayed from the calling jira. You can see a working demo here.

Arturas Rimkus June 21, 2016

Thanks Peter, I didn't know about x-frame. This must be it, as I tried pasting the url of my site in your demo, and it doesn't load.

Peter, regarding my second question, do you know if it's possible to open a new window with a link from AUI Dropdown? window="_blank" didn't work for me.

Sorry, I meant target="_blank"

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2016

I don't think that Dropdown supports opening links in a new window, but you can use Dropdown2 which does

Suggest an answer