if i select any one of the component/s, it should display some values from Select List (single choice) drop down list

Ramaiah Pendli March 3, 2016

Hello Guys,

if i select any one of the component/s, it should display some values from Select List (single choice) drop down list

Example
component/s
a
b
c

Values (Custon field -- Select List (single choice))
value 1
value 2
value 3
value 4

if i selct a component/s, it sould display Values field list- value 1, value 2, value 4
if i selct b component/s, it sould display Values field list- value 1, value 2, value 3
if i selct b component/s, it sould display Values field list- value 2, value 3, value 4

Thanks and Regards

Ram

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

Components is a multi-select list.  That's it, it doesn't have other selections or dependencies on other fields.

What you describe here is a "cascading select list", which you can add by visiting Admin -> Custom fields -> Add new field

Hi Nic,

Yes, Component/s is a multi-select list and i am creating Custom field-Values  by using 

Admin-->FIELDS–>Custom fileds–> + Add Custom Field–> Select List (single choice) 

i need to make a choice using component/s and Values(Custom Field).

Thanks and Regards

Ram

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

You can't.  You need to move to using a cascading select list.

(Unless you want to code something or install Script Runner and use a behaviour)

Thanks Nic

Suggest an answer