if a value is selected on a field can prevent to move to status done until we change the value?

Ariel Gavillon November 2, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to configure or make a rule, that prevent moving to status done if a specific value is selected on a field. 

In my case i have a field with 3 different values: None, Required, Done.

So what i'm trying to do is, if i select the value Required on Status New i can't move the ticket to Status Done, must go throw Status In Progress.

Any idea how i can do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Ariel,

yes, of course, you can implement this with a workflow validation.

Ariel Gavillon November 2, 2017

In the validation i don't see a option for the value, just for a required field

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Are you using cloud or server?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2017

Also, is the value set before you attempt the transition or on the transition screen. If before, you can use a condition test

Ariel Gavillon November 5, 2017

Thx @Joe Pitt, actually that's what i was looking for.

I use the condition Value Field, 

Chose the field i needed, with condition !=, the correct value and Comparison Type String

and work how i expected.

Thank you very much!!

Suggest an answer