icons missing v6.2.6

Mike Cooksey August 5, 2014

We have moved our installation from Linux to Windows. Some, but not all of the icons are missing (issue types and priority). Further, what is displayed in place of the missing icon is different depending on whether we are using IE, Chrome or Firefox. Looks like a dot in IE, gray-empty box in Chrome, and a larger shadowed box with smaller shadowed box inside in Firefox.

I can see one of the missing icons on the old Linux box at /atlassian-jira/images/icons/wand.png

On the corresponding images/icons directory on Windows that image is missing.

Could I copy all icons from the Linux box to the Windows box and fix the problem entirely or are there more directories that may need to be copied?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

If you're missing these icons, there's a strong warning that you could be missing other stuff. There's no way of knowing what unless you can compare this installation with an undamaged one.

Putting the icons back by copying them from the Linux box will fix them. But not anything else you might have lost.

How did you actually do this "move"?

Mike Cooksey August 5, 2014

Someone else did the actual move. But, what I am told is that we shut everything down, did a fresh install on Windows, copied the "Home directory" from Linux to Windows. Dumped MySQL data from Linux and Loaded data on the Windows box.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

Sounds like the right procedure (although moving from Linux to Windows is generally a downgrade, it shouldn't affect files like this)

I'm afraid your best option remains comparing a healthy install with the old one to check what else might be missing

Suggest an answer