iam not able to change jira accounts mail adress

Deleted user October 10, 2017

hi iam admin of the company Eft software jira 

i have a user his mail account is yalcin.ozgan@codespacedev.com

his previous mail account was yalcin@codespacedev.com but he want to replace it yalcin.ozgan@codespacedev.com but jira dosent let it due the account was already activated.

please suggest

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Gokhan,

Are you using Jira Server or Cloud, and can you clarify what you mean when you say it's already activated? Do you mean it's not letting you change the email for an existing user, or it won't let you change to that email because another user has the same address already?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Deleted user October 16, 2017

Hi Shannon,

Yes, it cloud and existing user.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Gokhan,

Where is the user going to change his email address? According to Update your account details he needs to do this through id.atlassian.com:

Change your email address

To update your Atlassian account email address, log in to https://id.atlassian.com/ and click Change email address in the left panel.

If you aren't able to change your email address, you'll see a notification that says you have a Managed account, which means that your organization manages your account. As a result, you aren't able to update your email address. Contact an administrator to change your email address.

Let us know if you're having any errors there when he tries to update it.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Deleted user October 16, 2017

It's Correct. we are using is link if you would like you can try to change yalcin@codespacedev.com must be change to yalcin.ozgan@codespacedev.com

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2017

Hi Gokhan,

I've had a look and he already has an Atlassian ID associated with both email addresses; I believe this is what you meant by saying it was already activated? 

I have a fix for you that I need to run, but it needs to be done through a support request. I'm creating that now, and will contact you soon with more information.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Deleted user October 19, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I did it my wayYou did not have to do anything.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2017

Gokhan,

Thank you for letting me know. I hadn't done anything on my end so I will close that support case.

If you think it will be helpful to other members of our community, can you let us know what you did to get it to work?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events