i would like get one of the field details of my Jira ticket in confluence page

poosarla madhav August 29, 2022

Hi,

in my confluencece table, I wanted to bring the value of one of the Jira incident fields.

I tried with Jira keyword in the confluencece, and I am only able to show it as a table in confluence.  as per the below screenshot, i should just bring a value "Plan of Intent" from Jira query as single value (not as table as shown below)

jira issue.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @poosarla madhav welcome to the community.  There is no way to reference a single field within Jira.  The table allows for multiple fields to be displayed.

is it possible with writing some SQL queries in the confluence? 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

I know that Scriptrunner allows for a Resource to a database.  You could then write custom macros that execute SQL against that.  

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

Correct in Confluence you can either display a single issue in which case you cannot configure the Display options or as a table. I do not know of any means to reference/illustrate a single field from an issue.

is it possible with writing some SQL queries in the confluence? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2022

I am not aware of how that could be done. I found this addon that seems to achieve what you want - smart-issue-view-for-confluence 

Suggest an answer