i want to rename a jira project.

sasis July 23, 2014

But before that i want to confirm whether this will affect any filters dashboards agile boards the project is using.Please advise

5 answers

3 votes
sasis July 23, 2014

But this will affect existing filters.

2 votes
Anoop Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

You can rename the project.But if your filter is using the project name in the search,then those filters will not work.You need to update the new project name in filters as well to make it work.

1 vote
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

I think you are safe to rename it, as long as you are not trying to rename project key.

0 votes
Jimmy Francis January 6, 2015

Hi All, Once the old project was renamed, by clicking on Edit Project, none of the user stories are seen in the new renamed project. Further, if I rename it back to the old Project Name, still no user stories are seen. But interestingly, the old user stories are seen if you click on the old user story hyperlink from the notifications seen on dashboard. So that confirms data is sitting somewhere. Can somebody please advise asap? Thanks

0 votes
sasis July 24, 2014

Is there any queries to update the database

Suggest an answer