i want to rename a jira project.

But before that i want to confirm whether this will affect any filters dashboards agile boards the project is using.Please advise

5 answers

But this will affect existing filters.

You can rename the project.But if your filter is using the project name in the search,then those filters will not work.You need to update the new project name in filters as well to make it work.

I think you are safe to rename it, as long as you are not trying to rename project key.

Is there any queries to update the database

Hi All, Once the old project was renamed, by clicking on Edit Project, none of the user stories are seen in the new renamed project. Further, if I rename it back to the old Project Name, still no user stories are seen. But interestingly, the old user stories are seen if you click on the old user story hyperlink from the notifications seen on dashboard. So that confirms data is sitting somewhere. Can somebody please advise asap? Thanks

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

130 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you