i want to limit user to just create issue of question type with normal priority

Antony prost May 20, 2013

Hi,

i want to limit user to just, create issue of question type with normal priority.
How can i do this?

5 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2013

No, you can't do this without a bit of thought and code.

If the priority is on-screen to be set, then the user can set it. Jira does not do "field level security", so it's either there, or it's not. Doesn't matter who the user is.

So, if you want to implement this, you need to put the Priority field on screen, and then wrap some javascript around it to disable selection of the other options in the list. (I think the behaviours plugin can help you a lot with this)

Another option is to place it on screen and then find/write a post-function or listener that will look at the user and set the priority appropriately as they complete the creation.

0 votes

is not possible , doing it by creating new scheme , or something like that?

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi,

In jira 5.2.8, you can do it with javascript.

0 votes

i just want to do this for 1 user or group , i want all the other user / groups have the ability to create issues with diferent priorities,
how can i limit it just for 1 user or for 1 group?

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Add new issue type from admin->issues->Issue Types.

Make normal priority default from admin->issues-> prorities.

You need to be jira administrator.

Suggest an answer