i want to create separate group for client and all their team member should see all their issues only not mine

xyz May 10, 2016

i want to create two separate group 

1) for our internal development team issues

2) for client reported issue

a) whatever client reporting should be visible to development team, but client should be able to see only their issues which are reported 

b) whatever issues development and testing team is reporting should not visible to client group

c) notification : for every issues reported from client end, notification should display to user who is following particular issue. ()  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

There are two ways to do point a/b.

The easier and better one is to enable the "reporter browse" permission, and then have a permission scheme that says "browse project: role(internal developers), reporter-browse".  But you can't do that on Cloud, as far as I know.  You could raise a request with https://support.atlassian.com to see if they will enable it for you.

The clunkier method is to use an issue security scheme that has a level that says "role (internal developer) and reporter can see this issue" and then set that level on every issue

For c - you need to modify the notification scheme so that it sends email to the right people.  You don't need to worry about including the wrong people - JIRA does not leak data via email (unless you deliberately open security holes with add-ons).  If a user can't see an issue, it won't sen email about that issue to them.

Daysha Consulting May 10, 2016

Strange that this is an optional permission - would have thought Atlassian should just make it available by default as it seems a valid use case.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2016

Yes, it is a little odd.

There is a quirk with it - if you use it in permissions other than "browse", it can have some very odd effects, including a couple of cases where a user trying to do something with an issue throws JIRA into a loop only fixable by restarting it, so you do need to educate admins to use it with care.  But that could have been coded around (I'd have put a simple line into the permission editor to stop it being added to other permissions)

Suggest an answer