i need to create the task outside the sprint board and have a track on them.

Gayathri Devi November 9, 2017

Hi 

I need to create a task and have it tracked outside the current sprint .

if i am able to create so how will i be able to track the task details in report.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

Boards are not containers for issues, they are a view of them.  You do not "create an issue in a board".  You create an issue in a project. 

If it appears on a board when it is created, that is because the board is set up to select that issue.

Typically, a new issue in a project will go into a backlog, not a sprint (current or future).  Are you finding your new issues going into the current sprint?  If so, you've set something up to make that happen.

Gayathri Devi November 10, 2017

Thanks for reply.

this what i am exactly looking for.

I will create an issue and i will have  them tracked outside the sprint. 

and i need to have  report for such created task.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

Right, so create issues as normal.  Then build reports based on "sprint is empty" to find issues that did not go into a sprint.

Gayathri Devi November 12, 2017

Thanks for the reply

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hello,

You can create a different board (for exmaple Kanban board) and put on the board all tasks that are not in the spint. Then you can track such issues on the board.

Gayathri Devi November 10, 2017

Thanks for the reply.

But when i created the task under the separate board, i am able to see this created task id in the existing board . 

This doesn't make much sense when i create a task in same board and not tagging to the current sprint.

Can you help me in further to solve this issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2017

Again, issues do not exist "in boards".  The boards select a set of issue to view.

When you "created the task under the separate board,", you created an issue.  That issue matched the filter for the other board, so the other board shows it.

Please, try to understand that boards are not containers.

Suggest an answer