i just installed the latest version and the clone feature is not working, anyone experience the same

Tony Mulholland June 12, 2015

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2015

What errors are you getting when you try to clone?

Tony Mulholland June 22, 2015

It seems to work, but it clones in about 2 seconds and so it is highly suspicious, and when one goes to look for the cloned project it does not exist. The earlier version worked like a charm.  I uninstalled the add in and then reinstalled it but it didn’t seem to matter. Also, I can't use numbers in the key anymore and it is limited to 2-10 letters. This update seems like a complete disaster.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2015

I think you need to explain a bit more. JIRA does not do "clone project", you had not mentioned an addon before, and we still don't know which addon you are talking about. At a guess, it seems like you have upgraded JIRA and whatever the addon is. I can't speak for the addon until I know which one it is. But JIRA's key requirements are probably down to JIRA rather than the addon - Atlassian introduced stronger restrictions on the key format several versions back, as people were using all sorts of silly things and breaking all sorts of functions. At one point, you had no option for flexibility at all, but for later versions, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+Project+Key+Format - and never use any characters other than A-Z for the first character and A-Z, 0-9 and underscore for the rest of the key.

it is the Metova Project Clone Plugin version 1.0.4.; we did not upgrade or do anything to Jira. We only updated the add-on to the latest version. The add-on was working PERFECTLY before the update. We did not alter any Jira settings. Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2015

Ah, that's good background. It sounds like the version you've installed has some issues, and they probably need to go to Metova - the best way to raise this is probably with that last comment as a new question, tagged with addon-com.metova.jira.project-clone-plugin so that they get the emails triggered by using the label (I don't think they'll see it if we just add it to this question, but a new question with it will definitely ping them)

could you repeat that in more simple and concrete terms? LOL I am not sure what you mean by "tagged with" or "using the label". Thanks again. sorry for my lack of tech terminology ;)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2015

Look at your original question - it says jira-administration and jira under the body in a pale blue box. Those are labels, or tags, or topics (just semantics of different words)

0 votes
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2015

Anthony Mulholland - Latest version means different things to different accounts - I'm guessing you mean what's readily available to 'everyone' via atlassian.com rather than one of the pre-release or on-demand versions - but one of the biggest reasons to always include your JIRA version is to aid the next guy who is going to include the version number in his search string (perhaps). I'm guessing you mean this version?

-wc

Suggest an answer