• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • i am using jira 4.4.4 own hosted server.. support expired...can i migrate it to a new server rom my old server ?..is there any restriction on migrating from one mashine to another.? kindly help

i am using jira 4.4.4 own hosted server.. support expired...can i migrate it to a new server rom my old server ?..is there any restriction on migrating from one mashine to another.? kindly help

vikesh March 24, 2016

kindly suggest is there any way to migrate my license from my old server to new one to avoid any crash.

my manager say that  license is bind with server. it cannot be move to another..

kindly suggest any help.

2 answers

1 vote
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

The license should work on any server as it is not bound to a hardware ID or server ID. If by "migrate to a new server" you mean changing the physical machine or VM you can do that without any problem.

vikesh March 24, 2016

hi boris

thanx for your valuable reply..

can you please tell me that where is the license installed into server and how to copy/paste or move into new one.

regards

vikesh

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2016

As long as your new installation matches the previous version you should not have any problems migrating.

You will find the download archive at https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-archives/

Suggest an answer