i am unable to use the plugin jira i calendar

pradeep rajuri February 27, 2014

Installed Jira i calendar unable to use the plugin any plugin which i have installed? I am using trial version.

3 answers

0 votes
pradeep rajuri March 2, 2014

i am unable to see the plugin after installing the plugin where can i find the plugin.

0 votes

How to work with the plugin that i have installed.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

"unable to use" doesn't tell us what you are seeing or what you have done. We can't help you without knowing what you're doing and what you expect to happen.

pradeep rajuri February 27, 2014

I have insatlled the the odr file from market and by using the managed addon, clicked on uploaded addon i have uploaded it. The upload is done and showing in the user installed addons.But i am unable to use, i means i cannot work on it or see the plugin any where.

I have installed jira 6.1 trial version does the plugins work on trial versions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

Ok, so it's installed ok, that's good to know, rules out the first set of things I'd usually ask about.

"I cannot work on it or see the plugin" still doesn't help us much though - what are you expecting to see?

(Trial version is irrelevant - the only difference is in the licence)

How to work with the plugin that i have installed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

I am afraid that is still a completely useless statement. You need to tell us what you are expecting and what you are getting. Please, we cannot help you unless you tell us what is wrong.

What you're saying here is like saying "I want to drive somewhere" without telling us if you have a car, the car has broken down,or there is a horde of angry penguins in the way.

i am unable to see the plugin after installing the plugin where can i find the plugin to use it..

Sorry for that, i want to work on the jira i calendar can uplease help me in that from the starting step to end step please.(like how to download and install it in jira,how to use it ) Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

WHERE can you not see the plugin? For the third time, what are you expecting to see?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

You said you'd installed it already, so I don't know why you're asking for that part.

As for how you use it, you shouldn't be installing stuff for no good reason - you should have a reason for installing something, which means you should know what problem the plugin is solving, which means you should have selected it based on seeing what it does from the documentation (by the way, you still haven't said which plugin it is - "jira i calendar" could be one of several)

For the fourth time - what are you expecting to see?

The plugin is Team calendars Jira Integration. i have installed but u r not getting me so please tell all the steps for installing the plugin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

Right.

1. Follow the documentation

2. Why are you installing something when you don't know what it's for?

2. What are you expecting to see?

I have seen the documention. And installed the plugin. i am expecting to see the calendar.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

Ok, where? (If you've tried to attach a screenshot, I'm afraid Answers seems to be a bit flaky and not always upload them - just pointing at a screenshot in the docs would be fine)

I want to see this screens

Then where can i find the features that are there in the plugin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

Why are you expecting to see it under "projects"? What makes you think that?

if i go to the projects and look for the calendar, i cant find that. after installing the obr file.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

What does the documentation say?

when the issue is created it as to sent to the consert person and to schedule the events and sendingthe mails to the team.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2014

I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense at all.

I'll say it yet again, you really do need to explain what you expect the calendar plugin to be doing (ideally by telling us what you are looking at in the documentation and what you are seeing in your installation)

Suggest an answer