https://support.atlassian.com

Deepak Behera June 18, 2014

Hi,

Jira triall version 6.2.5 is running fine with HSQL but when changing the database configuration to SQL server 2008 then Jira application is not running . So is there any incompatibility there with jira trail version with SQL server 2008 ?

Can any one please give some pointer on this.

Thanks

Deepak

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2014

MS SQL server 2008 is fully supported.

I should point out that a Jira "trial" is actually a complete and full Jira system which has a licence that will expire. There's no difference in the code. To convert a "trial" to a "full" system, you just put in a full licence and you're done.

Anyway, the question now is to fix the install of Jira -> MS SQL. Start with the log - as Jira starts up and fails to connect to it, it will write something to the log which will almost certainly have a useful error message in it (like "can't resolve host", "can't create tables because of permissions", "wrong username/password" etc)

Thankss Nic.

After switching to SQL server the Jira service is starting properly without any kind of error related to database connectivity.

But while enering the jira URL in the browser the login page is not coming by typing http://localhost:9090/.

I am typing this URL from the same server where Jira is running.

But while reverting back from SQL server to HSQL then jira is running fine and also allowing me to operate.

Thanks

Deepak

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2014

You need to check that

a) The installation that is connected to MS-SQL is actually listening on the machine on port 9090

b) Your log file really doesn't have any errors as it starts up

Deepak Behera June 19, 2014

Thanks Nic.

Now its working fine. I did nothing big. After hiiting the same URL it asked me to fill some details like Full Name, admin ID name,password,confirm password, ccompany name etc.

But what I observed is the data was present in HSQL is not being reflected in SQL server 2008. Even not a single record of any table is reflected in SQL server after switching the DB.

So is there any to impoet the previos data to sql server through Jira.

Thanks

Deepak

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2014

I'm really not sure why you'd expect data to magically transfer from one database to another without you dooing anything, but hey.

To migrate, start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Switching+Databases

0 votes

any pointer on this is highly appreciated.

Suggest an answer