html label in JIRA 5.2

Naganandu Bingi May 6, 2013

hi,

i am new to JIRA and i am working in JIRA upgrade from 4.4 verstion to 5.2 version.

in 4.4 version there is a velocity field, it's simply displaying a bold label on the form. the code was:

----------------------------------------

<br/>
<div id="FIF_note" class="noteBox" >
<h4>
<i><b>Select Cancel to go back to your previous screen and select "Submit" to Submit ticket.</b> </i></h4>
</div>

------------------------------
i have to replicate same thing in the 5.2 version. JIRA 5.2 does not support 'Velocity field' , Hence i have used "Message Custom Field (for view)" and the above code pasted in the 'Default config value'

but nothing is displaying in the form. how to resolve this issue.

please guide me on the same.

my apology: i am unable to attach the screen shot.

Regards,

B.Naganandu

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2013

I think you've put your text in a "view" field which will NOT be processed on Create/Edit screens. Try putting your text in a "Message Custom Field (for edit)" instead.

If that doesn't help, then simplify - try plain text instead of html and see what that gives you.

0 votes
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Just a side notes on it, Velocity field is not come with JIRA, even from JIRA 4.4, I believe it has been added by a plugin, as Nic mention in another similar question:

"1. The velocity fields are in a plugin called the Jira Toolkit, so you should be looking to install that

2. The velocity fields from that plugin were removed for security reasons."

Rerfer link:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/153148/how-to-install-velocity-processed-message-custom-field-for-view-in-jira-5-0

0 votes
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Just a side notes on it, Velocity field is not come with JIRA, even from JIRA 4.4, I believe it has been added by a plugin, as Nic mention in another similar question:

"1. The velocity fields are in a plugin called the Jira Toolkit, so you should be looking to install that

2. The velocity fields from that plugin were removed for security reasons."

Rerfer link:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/153148/how-to-install-velocity-processed-message-custom-field-for-view-in-jira-5-0

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2013

Yup, exactly what I was thinking - I've had to replace a handful of velocity fields with assorted tricks to make up for the removal of Veloocity fields from the Toolkit plugin

Suggest an answer