how to validate DueDate required on Assign Screen using Groovy Runner 's Script Validator ?

fabby March 4, 2013

my jira version 4.4.1.

Groovy Runner plugin version is 2.0.7

1 DueDate (system field) is on Assign Screen

2 i want to make DueDate field required when assign an issue. i'v known using groovy runner 's Fields Required function can easily implement it . but i want to try it using groovy

3 i try below code

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()

// DueDate is set or not
IssueManager issueManager=componentManager.getIssueManager()
MutableIssue missue=issueManager.getIssueObject(issue.getId())
missue.getDueDate() != null

missue.getDueDate() seams get the value stored in database, not get the value displayed on Assign Screen.

for example,

issue A 's Due Date 's value is 5/Mar/13 , Open Assign screen,remove the Due Date value,click Assign,no error message display!!

issue B has not set Due Date value,Open Assign screen,set Due Date value to 6/Mar/13,click Assign,there error message display,and block assgin action !!

anyone can help ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jamie Echlin March 4, 2013

> 1 DueDate (system field) is on Assign Screen

So this implies you're checking when doing a transition? Because you cannot use this method if you're just editing an issue.

To be honest, it doesn't make a great deal of sense to me if issue.getDueDate() retrieves the stored value, but all other methods like issue.getSummary() gets the attribute value that the user has just edited.

fabby March 4, 2013

hi Jamie,

issue.getDueDate() works,it also gets the attribute value that the user has just edited.

2 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

You can take a look at the request like this

request = webwork.action.ActionContext.getRequest()
duedate = request?.getParameter('duedate')

There you get the value entered in the transition screen. I don't know if "duedate" is the right spelling for the parameter, it's only a guess.

Henning

Jamie Echlin March 4, 2013

I don't think you can put any fields on the system assign screen... so he must have a workflow action called Assign...

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

Aaaahh... is it the system assign screen you're talking about? Then this doesn't work, i though you're talking about a transition screen...

fabby March 4, 2013

yes ,the Assign Screen is the transition screen

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2013

Mmh, yes, that's right.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2013

IIRC Henning's method is the only way to get links updated in this transition, for everything else use the proper API.

Suggest an answer