how to use ofbiz?

mehran haghani November 30, 2013

H,

how can i use ofbiz to store my data to jira database and read them ?

for create tables, i know that i have to add entity to ofbiz xml files, but i can't find how to use ofbiz (ofbiz delegator) in my action class to store my data to my tables

3 answers

1 vote
Sara ak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

it's not that much hard to work with ofbiz. I can put a sample for you. maybe Jira Development Cookbook (chapter 10:Dealing with database) can help you. I've seen good examples about ofbiz in this book.

OfBizDelegator delegator = ComponentAccessor
.getComponentOfType(OfBizDelegator.class);

for (GenericValue worklog : delegator.findByCondition("Worklog",
condition, null)) {// do something}

0 votes
mehran haghani December 1, 2013

thanks Nic,

i'm using jira 3.7 and Unfortunately i can not upgrade to a newer version of jira becouse i customize jira by modifying some jsps that now i can not modify them in newer version again(its very difficult) , so i think using ofbiz is easear than upgrade

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2013

Hmm, my memory of OfBiz disagrees with that. It's worth upgrading simply because you are unsupportable and insecure on Jira 3.7, and moving to Active Objects is a LOT easier than OfBiz.

The old bookmarks I had for OfBiz coding have been removed, presumably because they're old and deprecated, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

Hopefully, one of the other people here can help, but I suspect many will also say "just get on and upgrade it". Or google!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2013

I assume you're using an older version of Jira?

The correct answer really is for you to upgrade to a supported version of Jira, one with Active Objects support.

Suggest an answer