how to use create on transition plugin to create a story from and epic workflow

Sneha Sheth July 29, 2014

I was successful in creating the story but how do I add the epic link to the story created from the epic?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

For general linking of issues, you use Substitution variables and the Link field to create a link.

JIRA Agile epic links are a bit different. You need to set the Epic Link custom field to the story key - %original_key% substitution variable. Sorry for my confusion on the question earlier.

Sneha Sheth July 29, 2014

Hi,

I have an epic and on one transition I want three issues to be created inside the epic itself. I am unable to add the epic link value to those issues because of which they are created but not linked to the epic. I need all the three issues to show as "issues in the epic" when I view the epic. The issues may be from the same project or a different one.

Thanks, Sneha

Sneha Sheth July 30, 2014

Hi,

This is a bit urgent for me. Will be helpful if you can provide me a more detailed solution to the above scenario.

Thanks,

Sneha

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

I corrected the answer. I should have read the question a bit more carefully.

Sneha Sheth July 31, 2014

Thanks Bob,

I had resolved the issue using https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/CSOT-97.

Thank you again for the help!

Suggest an answer