how to use SQL Query on jira..? Do i need to install any plugin for this..?

selvamanis August 2, 2012

i am new to jira, i would like to use SQL queries on jira. i dont know where i need to run SQL query

3 answers

0 votes
selvamanis October 18, 2012
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2012

Ok, you'll definitely need to raise that with Atlassian's OnDemand support.

0 votes
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

Hi Selvaa,

Kindly raise a support ticket for your query for us to continue data gathering in your instance. :)

https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

Justin.

selvamanis October 9, 2012

do i need to raise support ticket for each and every query..?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2012

Probably - you're trying to run arbitrary SQL, and I think Atlassian are trying to get at the same question I asked, and you didn't answer - "What are you trying to do"?

What's the report, the requirement? What are you looking for? What's the question you are trying to answer here?

selvamanis October 18, 2012
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2012

You've said you're on OnDemand, so you can't install plugins and you can't access the database directly.

However, if you were running your own installation, then you could use some SQL, but your question isn't really clear enough to give you an answer. Anything can run SQL against a Jira database, you'd use whatever tools you usually use to connect to one - a command line, a GUI, whatever.

So, the question is really "what are you trying to do", even before you think about doing it with SQL.

Of course you should never WRITE to a Jira database using SQL, you'll break Jira.

selvamanis August 2, 2012

i would like to pull report using this query

SELECT temp.CALLER, jiraissue.pkey from (
SELECT * FROM os_historystep where STEP_ID=5 order by FINISH_DATE desc
) as temp left join jiraissue on jiraissue.ID = temp.ENTRY_ID
group by temp.ENTRY_ID order by temp.FINISH_DATE desc;
i dont know where to run this query
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

Hi Selvaa,

Kindly raise a support ticket for your query for us to continue data gathering in your instance. :)

https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

Justin.

Suggest an answer