how to use Jira Dev Environment License

Juby John October 6, 2017

Has anyone ever used developer license for Jira? This is different from production license. I would like to know how we can use this to create multiple instances of dev Jira environment.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

All the time.  You apply it in exactly the same way as any other licence and you get the same user numbers and end-date in your test system.

Thanks Nic but i think i am not clear with my question i will try again.       

I am assuming Jira development instance is independent  from Prod and and this dev instance will not be a copy of prod. Do i need to download new Jira server in the license section and then use this dev license?

I know where to use my production license but not sure on which instance to use my dev license.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

Go to your "my.atlassian" account and find your production licence.  Underneath it, there's a link for "development licence" which will give you a different key to paste into your dev system.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2017

Sorry, I missed the download bit - yes, you will need to download a new Jira and install it, same way you created production.

Thanks Nic got it.

I have a few more questions. 

Capture1.PNG

I can use Download Jira Software (Server) to download new instance? Will it override or affect my existing Jira prod environment in anyway? 

Also currently we are using Jira6.4 so if i install Jira 7.0 and use the dev license will it be an issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2017

Yes, "download" will take you to the public downloads.  It is just a download, you'll need to run it or unpack it on a server (or your local machine)

Your licence will work for any version from 4.0 to anything released before the end of your licence!

Thanks Nic. 

Will it override or affect my existing Jira prod environment in anyway? 

Suggest an answer