how to transition issue status if anyone add a customised comment

Rashi Bansal February 3, 2023

how to transition issue status if anyone add a customised comment

Like move the status of jira from backlog to inprogress when someone commented 'This is in dev'

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Rashi Bansal ,

out of the box you could try to use automation for this. You can use smart values to help assess the last comment and compare to some specific text. I would warn that this is a fairly slippery slope as it is possible that you will miss interpret text because humans don't always enter text exactly as you might hope. Now, if the comment is made by a software system that is programmed to provide a specific text, that's a different matter. If this sounds like a direction you wish to go I need some assistance with the rule please let me know.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Personally I think that the assignee should be responsible for making the transition manually. However, I don't know exactly what your use case is, so there is that.

Like Rashi Bansal likes this
0 votes
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2023

Hi @Rashi Bansal , 

In jira you can use automation features to transition issue from backlog to Inprogress . 

It's too easy , You just need Project administration permission to add this rule in project. 

Let me know if it's not worked 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events