how to test a Jira Workflow before release it to production ?

Adriano Elena April 14, 2014

I'm a newbie and I work on a test (protected) environment.

Should I set Administrator (or "tester") in every role touched by the workflow ?

Is there any other smarter way ?

Thanks

3 answers

2 votes
Martin Poirier April 14, 2014

Make a Test project on your instance and associate that new workflow scheme to the test project.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

if your workflow has conditions or other customizations then its good to have other schemes like field configuration , permission , etc associated as well except notification scheme

0 votes

Thanks Boris. I'll get your first answer. I will generate a new project where I'll be GOD.

bye

Adriano

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

What do you mean by "touched"? Why would you want to do that ? Can you give more details?

well, I've just implemented a change into an existing Jira workflow and I want to see if it works. The added field displayed, the new questions asked.

So I need to execise the workflow to test it before applying the change in the production Jira.

That's it.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2014

I'm not sure that I got that. So you're on a test system - what stops you from testing it with test project/issues?

Suggest an answer