how to target incomplete stories to a selected new sprint in a parallel sprint configuration

Sahiti Kanumilli November 6, 2017

I have 2 active projects and 2 active sprints. For convenience, I have both the active sprints display in the same work configuration for one of the projects. But when I close one of the sprints, it puts the incomplete ones in the wrong sprint (which is usually the next one lined up, but it's not always the case). How and where can I choose the next correct sprint after closing one?

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

I'm not sure what version of Jira you're using, but for us on the cloud version, when we close a sprint, a pop-up dialog appears with a drop-down to choose where to put the unfinished items (backlog or any other sprints).

I'm also wondering if it defaults to the other sprint because it is an active one - we only have one active at a time

Sahiti Kanumilli November 6, 2017

we are at version 6.1. I don't see a drop-down when I close the sprint. For one sprint, it moves to the next in line, but for the other active sprint, it pushes some to the backlog, some here and there. I thought I would be able to configure this on a project level but can't seem to find it in Jira. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Suggest an answer