how to speed up reindex on project import

Deb Sprague July 23, 2014

how to speed up reindex on project import

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deb Sprague July 29, 2014

the update to Agile 6.4.3 appears to have taken care of the problem; however, I did run into an issue right after the upgrade which required the integrity check to fix. Afterwards my imports are back to running as expected... the longest I've had to wait on the reindex is 14 minutes for a large project.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2014

Good to know Deb! :)

Could you please choose an asnwer and close the thread?

If you have any further question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards!

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2014

Deb,

I've searched around and I've found a registered issue on Atlassian JIRA that says that there are some issues with this plugin and it should be fixed in the newest version of the plugin. Here it is: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10872

There are other one who has a workaround for a similiar problem.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10790

Please let us know if you find any answer to this.
Hope this links are somehow helpful!

Best Regards!

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2014

You are welcome!
Hope this upgrade works!

Best of luck!

Deb Sprague July 24, 2014

Thank you. I will definitely upgrade to 6.4.3 first and try again, or check the additional workaround if that doesnt work. I appreciate the help!!

0 votes

btw this is linux... Linux hw-jira.syniverse.com2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.x86_64. connect to a remote Oracle database.

0 votes

I'm on version 6.1.3 and standalone. I'm testing project imports bringing 50 projects into our Enterprise Jira and the re-index portion of import is extremely slow. example.. 400 issues taking 43 minutes. the one i am working on now is at 3 hrs 26 minutes and is 85% complete. I was looking at the logs and I'm getting the "Could not retrieve LexoRank value for issue[id=34208]. Indexing max LexoRank value instead." message which I believe is a bug in Agile. I'm researchign that now, but it appears it should have been corrected in Agile 6.4.0.9 and I am at 6.4.2. I will say, I have run previously all imports with no issue, but was prior to my last upgrade of Agile. Sorry don't remember what it was prior.

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2014

Hi Deb,

What are you trying to achieve? What is your JIRA version? Is it standalone or OnDemand?

Cheers!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2014

Use a faster computer!

It's hard to say without knowing where your bottlenecks are. You probably won't be able to "speed up reindexing", but things that affect the system in general could help with indexing

Suggest an answer