how to set up a Java Project for JIRA from scratch

Ashwini Nerlekar February 6, 2018

Hello,

I am new to JIRA. I want to create a runnable jar to do activites like creating a issue, closing an issue from JAVA

I have downloaded eclipse. How should I proceed. Do we have any step by step instructions for this.

Appreciate all the help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2018

Do you mean a java program external to Jira?  If so, you'll need to use the REST API to call Jira functions.  You don't need a lot of Jira knowledge here - create a java program like any other, and write REST calls in it.

Ashwini Nerlekar February 7, 2018

Thanks for the reply Nic ! I will give it a shot.. Will keep posted about the progress.

Regards,

Ashwini Nerlekar

Ashwini Nerlekar February 15, 2018

Hello Nic,

I did set up the Java project. I am trying to compile the existing REST JAVA code available in using maven, on a command prompt I get the below error 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/class-is-missing-com-google-common-base-Predicate/qaq-p/722344

I can see the jar file and on exploding it I can see the Predicate class in there. Any help in this regard will be helpful.

Regards,

Ashwini Nerlekar

Suggest an answer