how to set default value for custom field for issue type level

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

hi,

i have to set diffrent default value for custom field for each of issue type in The Project.

i tried by creating context but not able to do :(

how to do it ?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Creating different contexts seems like the right approach. What doesn't work? Did you do a reindex after adding the contexts? Are there any exceptions in the logs?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

when i create second context the Projects which are used in first contex are not able to see

Ex: Project A with Bug and Defect issurtypes

customfield with options Low, Medium and High

first context created for Bug with Low as defult value

When i am tring to create second context with Medium as default value the project A not able to see in project list

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

Haven't noticed this before, but I did some searching and found that it's a known bug.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6851

This was opened back in 2005 (!!!) and Atlassian say that it's the intended behavior. I'm at a loss for words here...

The only solution (workaround) I can see here is to use a plugin (JJupin, groovy runner, etc) and add a postfunction that will select the default value if none was selected on the "Create Issue" transition.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

Florin, Thanks a lot!! to pont me the issue

Suggest an answer