how to set component based upon email

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2014

I have a project that has three different emails which automatically create issues upon being emailed.  I would like to automatically set the Component based on which email address the issue was created from. 

So I have mbox1, mbox2, mbox3 all with incoming mail server directing them to project A.   Project A has three preset components mbox1, mbox2, and mbox3.   

So upon send an email to mbox2 an issue is created in project a and tagged with component mbox2.

I have everything except the tagging with component part complete.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2014

Ah, I'm afraid you won't get it either.

The built-in handlers do not have functions that allow you to set components.  

You'll need to write your own listener or find something to help you with it.  The JEMH is always worth a look for clever handling of incoming mail, and I think you could do something with the script runner. 

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

I have played with JEMH. but could not get that to work. I could see the need for script runner in the future, do you have a recommendation for a decent tutorial on writing scripts with script runner?

Suggest an answer