how to set access to only assigned projects

Tony Pakium June 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Add, edit and remove users

I want to know how i can restrict access to Specific projects for specific users or groups

2 answers

1 vote
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2016

hi

you can edit your project's permission schemes and add specific groups to browse project permission to achieve that. first you need to create a permission scheme specifically for that project.

Selection_008.png

than add the specific user roles or groups to that scheme.

Selection_009.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

If you want to stop them seeing other projects, you are going to have to re-build the access to those projects.

JIRA ships with a default permission scheme that sets every project up with "if you can log in, you are allowed to use the project" - you'll need to pull that out of every project you have.

I would strongly recommend not changing the permission scheme to allow people in, but use roles instead.

Suggest an answer