how to set a transition screen for a certain issue type

Flavius Nopcea June 26, 2012

Hello,

I am having trouble setting a transition screen between 2 states of an issue for a certain issue type.

The problem is that in the workflow design I have no possibility to set a transition screen for a certain issue type. the transition screen I set there is always displayed no matter what issue type it is.

Is there a way?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

Yes there is at least one! Create two transitions between the 2 states with the same label/name. Both of them will transit form the state A to state B but add trasition screen to only one of them. Create an issue type condition (e.g. with https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner) and apply the condition to one transition and the negated condition to the other. As the condition is applied only one of the trasnitions will be shown in the workflow menu but with the same label so the user makes no difference to them.

The reason is that there is no condition for the transition screen but for the transition itself.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

I dont think groovy runner available on Ondemand

wow... this is quite complicated... if I have 10 states for an issue and 5 issue types this will be quite complicated!

thanks for you help!

the last suggestion to use 2 workflows seems the most apropiate one... it is not a "clean" solution but it would work. the workflows would be identical but will apply to different issue types.

my best solution though would seem to be that when creating a transition you should be able to select for what issue types it would apply. this would be the most easy way

1 vote
Verhás István
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2012

I have missed this question applies to onDemand where groovy runner is not available. Use instead https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions Value Field Condition.

This configuration will "only double" the number of transitions that should be separated on issue type. The conditions can be OR grouped so the number of issue types does not matter in complexity.

Another alternative approache can be to define two separated workflows and using the built in workflow scheme assign to appropriate issue types.

Suggest an answer